Tuesday 16 March 2010

A Tale



I meant for March to be Flash Fiction month, in the same way as February was supposed to be Sketch a Day - that is, I would write a story of no more than 250 words every day.




Then the lurgy happened (today is officially the last day of week three, and so far no respite). This put paid to my grandiose plan, as they say on the street.

However, today at my evening class my tutor showed us a very simple technique with text, and I thought (in italics, as one does), hm, perhaps I could combine this with the flash fiction idea. Basically, you use pen tool to make anchor points from which you devise a squiggly line - never let it be said I don't pay attention to the technical terminology - and you can set the text to follow it. Therefore, the plan is to fit a teeny story onto a different length of squiggly line every day (or thereabouts).

Beats expectorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment