Wednesday 23 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day Eleven

A song from your favourite band.

That would be The Clash, and Career Opportunities seems a pretty pertinent track to choose, given the current economic climate and all this Big Society baws.

They offered me the office / offered me the shop / said I'd better take anything they got / Do you wanna make tea at the BBC? / Do you wanna be / do you really wanna be a cop? / Career opportunities, the ones that never knock / every job they offer you's to keep you out the dock / career opportunities, the ones that never knock.

I'm posting the version from Sandinista, where they got a bunch of kids to sing it. I think this is fantastic because it gives an extra dimension to an already political and angry song. Well done that band.

No comments:

Post a Comment