Sunday 27 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day Fifteen

I must confess to being a little bit disappointed in the lack of interest in the possibility of me doing a vlog where I demonstrate the process of 'horn voice'. A week ago I posted to say that I knew all the words to Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, and that if I got ten comments on said post, I would make a vlog - that's a video blog - showcasing my very best impression of the horn-like timbre of Mozza's voice. Thus far I've only had four, which means that according to internet law, I almost certainly won't be able to do it.

*Le sigh.*

Nevermind though eh. Life goes on, and today in the 30 Day Song Challenge I am required to post a song that describes me.

There are several songs out there that are named after me, but I'm not sure any of them fit the brief. Elvis Costello's version of me says I have a husband and that this world is killing me, which is a little melodramatic. Whitmore claim they want to talk to me, but they never call or write. And the Slowdive one says "Alison I'll drink your wine, I'll wear your clothes when we're both high" which is inappropriate chat given they're total strangers.

So instead I chose Tom Lehrer, and Poisoning Pigeons in the Park. We'll murder them all amid laughter and merriment, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment